To run the STEMMUS in MATLAB is straightforward in “MainLoop.m”. When you finished all numerical setup
and gave all input data to STEMMUS, please open “MainLoop.m” in MATLAB and press ’F5’ to run the model
(or press the green arrow “run” button shown on the tool bar in MATLAB). Typically, there are 5 steps to prepare
before running the model.
- Setting time information and domain information;
- Setting soil properties (soil hydrological and thermal properties);
- Setting observation information and initialization(initial suction head profiles, soil temperature profiles and atmospheric pressure);
- Setting meteorological forcing information;
- Setting boundary conditions, including: PET values; lower boundary condition choices (e.g., waterfluxes, temperature gradient, constant atmospheric pressure).
After all these steps, we now can run STEMMUS by running the main routine, “MainLoop.m”, which links all subroutines in sequence to solve the governing equations as Figure 1 shows.
FigURE. 1 Flowchart of STEMMUS main program